Sunday, October 19, 2008

Strawberry-Banana Smoothie

This is my pick-me-up drink. In law school, I used to reward myself with one of these at the end of every final exam. Now that I'm working, I don't make this drink nearly enough. But when I am feeling, lethargic, grumpy, or just plain sick, this does the trick. There's just a certain comfort that comes with drinking a cold smoothie out of a tall glass.

Keep this recipe in mind the next time you're having one of those days!

WHAT TO GRAB:
1 cup of plain, non-fat yogurt
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice (1 orange)
2 to 3 tablespoons of honey
2 bananas, broken into quarters
1 pint of fresh strawberries (about a cup full)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 to 3 cups crushed ice



HOW YOU DO IT:
1. Before you get started, put two glasses in the freezer - you'll thank me later.

2. Crush your ice. I have one of those Hawaii Ice machines. It's invaluable and I use it all the time.

3. Throw everything in your blender, mix it up, and serve in your chilled glasses! For extra presentation points, you can garnish with a left-over strawberry.

HOW MUCH YOU GET:
This recipe will make about 48 ounces, or four to six servings.

No comments: